Entrance tickets to the Pompeii and Herculaneum ruins can be purchased in two ways:
- At the entrance of the sites, at the ticket office
- Online, on the website of the official resale
In the first case it is very probable to find long lines and the waiting time can be very long.
In the second case (recommended), you can skip the queue and buy entrance tickets to the excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum online, and pay by credit card (Visa and MasterCard).
Then, you can choose to receive the tickets at home, print them out and go directly to the entrance turnstiles, or pick them at a point dedicated to Herculaneum and Pompeii Porta Marina.
How much are the tickets for the Pompeii and Herculaneum Ruins
Entrance is free for children under 18 and 50% reduced for EU citizens 18-25 years and teachers EU
Click on the images below to buy tickets online and skip the lines at the entrance:
- Note that a skip-the-line ticket fee is included in the price
- Luggage storage at the Porta Marina Superiore entrance is free of charge
- A valid ID (passport, ID card, driver’s license or credit card) will be required as a deposit in order to rent the audio guide (if option chosen). Photocopies and student IDs aren’t accepted
- If your ticket includes an audio guide, please note that headphones are not be provided on site. If you wish to use them, please bring your own
Download the map of Pompeii Ruins
Localities: Campania, Europe, Herculaneum, Italy, Pompeii
Travel Themes: Art and Culture